Heres a thing for when I'm writing a lot, which is a thing that is happening right now.
I've got myself a membership at VideoHelper.com and it's amazing. So here's why you care:
- It's an incredible colleciton of really good video production music.
- You set a mood, and click play, and you're suddently listening to 30-and 120-second scores built around that mood.
- Also, mostly no dialoge-- so you don't end up including lyrics in your prose. I'm looking at you, The Hold Steady.
- There is no Number 4. But this is a pretty good example of what's so great about this site. Amazing music with a goofy description that nails the tone of each peice.
- The clips are pricey. But that's because they're good. But you can just stream them. You don't have to buy them. Unless you use them. Whcih you can totally do, if you have $500 sitting around for 15 seconds of unbranded internet content you want to score.
But if you're stuck and looking for inspiration, or just want to change the musical mood you're currently stewing in, VideoHelper is pretty great.